Monday 16 March 2009

Waiting for the NyQuil to kick in

So last week I had a cold which has turned into a dreadful cough. I'm afraid I may have bronchitis again, which is neither exciting nor convenient. See, I haven't signed up with my local GP, so I'd still have to go to the one near Maida Vale. Then there's the fact I'll have to take time out of my work schedule this week to make the trek there. The other annoyance is they don't take a chest x-ray, which I find very unconvincing that they have the right to give me antibiotics (but I'll willingly take them).

Anyways, the worst is at night because laying down flat is just out of the question. I won't sleep at all. So instead I have to lie with three pillows keeping me upright - not entirely the most comfortable way to sleep. And then I keep having these horrible dreams, it's as though the cough is infecting my dreams and turning them into nightmares. One after the other, I'm thankfully awaken by the coughing about every few hours. I wouldn't normally be too thrilled about this but the dreams have been so vivid. For instance, I've been trapped in an underground town that was very surreal and not in a cool, sci-fi channel sort of way. And been kidnapped by the Taleban and had to stressfully find a way out of an apartment complex through neighbors' rooms and vent ducts and abandoned bedrooms. It's just getting too weird.

And tonight I've taken NyQuil in hopes of being able to sleep at least four hours through. I'm sure the dreams will only get stranger. But I'm willing to accept these tonight if I can only get a decent amount of sleep. Anyways, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and I plan on wearing green, drinking beer, and dancing with a Leprechaun (but I'm sure the NyQuil will sort that part out tonight).

No comments: