Thursday 12 March 2009

Update

This may not be the most exciting post ever, but I thought I'd give some updates to help those who I can't speak to on a regular basis.

1. I got my new Visa a few days ago, which is quite exciting because I paid the £400 for it out of pocket.

2. I'm going to Paris with Mark for our one year anniversary on 8-11 May. We're staying at the Hilton across the street from the Arche de Triumphe - I could not be more excited!

3. I was laid off (or made redundant as it's said in England) at the end of Jan, and as of March I'm now freelancing two days a week at Blackbridge and 3 days a week as the Trade Marketing Assistant at News International. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions, but I'm hoping this is a new experience that can broaden my horizons!

4. I'm planning on flying with Mark to Boston on the 2nd July until the 20th of July. It's going to be our summer holiday, so we won't necessarily be around the entire time (we have tentative plans to travel to NYC, the Cape and Martha's Vineyard, and possibly Bar Harbor). And of course I'm going to be in my best friend Stefanie's wedding on the 18th July! But if you want to see me or want to even join us for anything, let me know! I want to obviously see everyone, so hopefully we can start planning away to get me even more excited.

5. The biggest life changing news I have is Mark and I are planning on moving in together in August. Huge, I know. Or maybe it just seems huge to me? Irregardless, I've never lived with a boyfriend before and he's never lived with a girlfriend, so we are virgins in this arena!! Obviously I'm a bit nervous but I'm really excited about the situation. Where will we end up is the biggest question? North or south of the river?! Dun dun dunnnnn.

That's it for now, back to the daily grind at News Int.

No comments: