Friday 27 March 2009

Chilli & alcohol deprivation over!

My bout with laryngitis is finally over! For those of you who have put up with my miserable self for the past two weeks, my apologies. And for anyone who may have caught my laryngitis while I was believing it was just a bad cold, I am terribly sorry but please get yourself on antibiotics asap.

After a long, boring, and generally miserable few weeks, this weekend is the shining light at the end of my dark tunnel. Tonight I’m going to indulge myself in the first glass of alcohol since St. Patrick’s Day (which, btw, was a terrible idea). I will be having Mexican at Mexicali in Notting Hill with Krystin and Lizza, and will enjoy a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe even two. Bring on the spices; this weekend is all about indulgence! Since last week, I was instructed to keep away from anything with a kick, alcohol, Diet Coke (although that deterrence waived by Monday) and anything fizzy, milk and orange juice.

I’m just going to go all out! For lunch I’ve had a curry, dinner is Mexican, and tomorrow is Thai. I’ve been deprived of chilli for far too long (in my life, a week is FAR too long). That and alcohol, clearly. I am thinking I may have a mid-afternoon pub trip with Mark tomorrow after we hit up the Darwin exhibit at the Natural History Museum. That’s not bad, right?

No comments: