Sunday 8 March 2009

It's been a while


Oh dear. I've missed an entire year of writing, and that's extremely disappointing. New thing to take care of - writing often and about things that matter.

Life at the moment consists of: freelancing at Blackbridge (2 days a week) and News International (3 days a week); running/working out; seeing Mark as much as possible; reading The Time Travellers Wife; cooking at least one nice meal a week (or making Mark cook it!); keeping up with friends.

I don't think I ever realised how exhausting life could be in the city, but it really is. At the same time, I love the fact I can see so much whenever (well, aside from while I'm working or doing the other 90 things I'm doing) I want. For instance, above is the view of what I walk by every morning I'm going to News International: Katharine's Docks. Where else could I see Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the beautiful yachts and sailboats? Amazing. Albeit, it is a trek every morning:
6.45am: Alarm goes off - or rather my iPod dock goes off to something like Snow Patrol or John Mayer.
7.45am: Run out the door, probably still needing to do 20 things but having to deal with the fact it will have to wait another 12 hours.
7.59am: Get on the West Hampstead Thameslink which will take me to Moorgate in approximately 20 mins. Will get a seat because the tube and standing is over-rated...
8.20am: Run across to platform 1 to get a Circle line train to Tower Hill. I hate the underground.
8.37am: Start walking from Tower Hill Underground to Wapping, where News International is located. Will walk by the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Katharine's Docks, and a lovely Waitrose which tempts me every time. I am power walking, and will attempt to pass at least 5 people in the limited space in the walking path.
8.50am: Touch my card into the gates of Times House and make my way past Costa (do NOT spend money on a coffee, my dear, it's a recession) and take the lift to the 4th floor.
8.51am: Start up my PC from 1997 and start reading today's Times. Never The Sun, I'm sorry to say. Usually will have vanilla yogurt with berry muesli mixed in. Mmm, a perfect start to another work day.
9.01am: The ancient PC is finally running and Outlook has either appeared on my screen with 17 messages in place, or Outlook has crashed my computer once again and a restart is necessary... One can never tell!

With that little rendition, this post is done for now. I promise to not wait another year. That just won't be fair on my Masters degree, now would it?!

No comments: