Tuesday 24 July 2007

A tart, I am not

Somehow, without Adderall, I've been able to stay course with my final project. I wasn't lying to people when I told them I'd do much better with it if I had two weeks to complete it. Now, it may seem to others that I'm in-fact a slacker, but I'm in fact a furious writer when under pressure. People should stop judging.

Do you think that I worked any differently throughout high school and UMass Amherst? Come on now. Of course I didn't. And I still managed to graduate with honors at both schools. I'm not a moron. I'm a procrastinator. There's a huge difference.

I'm actually really glad I picked the topic I did. Web 2.0 came to me in a dream (not really) and I'm so glad it came out of my mouth in the group meeting back in May while declaring what I'd be writing 12,000 words on. I've learned so much, and I'm not trying to sound like a tart.

To be honest, I think everyone should learn about Web 2.0 (which more or less means the new platform of the web and how the public are the new producers). In the process, I've even stumbled across some really great blogs, like dooce.com.

In another post I'll link to all of them, but I'm too exhausted (from writing 2,000 words today). I've also found some really creepy websites, like LiveLeak.com (previously ogrish.com) and military.com. Video-sharing just got a whole lot more uncut and uncensored. (Viewer discretion IS advised. I had to write about, so had to go to them, but I watched some videos with my eyes closed. I'm a wuss.)

Finally, since I've been writing so much, my carpal tunnel has come back in full fledge. It hasn't been this bad since nearly two years ago when my friends and I bowled every Friday night (don't judge, the bar served beers for $2). I'm currently loving my new bandage that looks like a sock, yet it's a certified Boots bandage. Not quite sure how the public will take it, but I am in London, and as I say fashion-wise, anything goes here.

No comments: