Monday 16 July 2007

Procrastination should be my middle name

You know when people say, 'I work well under pressure'?? Yeah, I'm not kidding when I say that either. T-minus 11 days and counting until my final project is due and I have barely gotten anywhere with it. Am I nervous? Heck yes. Will I get it done in time? Hell yes. This is how I work - when the heat is on! Well, I suppose it's boiling at this point, but I'm not too concerned.

My battle plan is to write around 2,000 words a day. At that pace, I should have written the 12,000 words necessary by Saturday. If that's the case, I should have time to go through it all and make sure it's accurate and correct. Fingers crossed. Do pray for me in the meantime.

Changing topics, I have a question. So I flew back to London from my American holiday back in Boston (to be exact Reading, Medford, Malden, Marblehead, Maynard, Ipswich, Nahant, Saugus, Southie, Newton and finally, Boston)last Mon night/Tues morning, and here's my predicament: I had a cold/flu bug thing going on when I flew, and my ears clogged terribly from my stuffy nose. It killed - a pain I wouldn't wish upon any one of my worst enemies. I've since gotten over the cold, but my right ear still feels like it's got water in it. Have I lost hearing from the plane ride? Is that possible? Will it ever be normal again? I'm having heart palpatations just thinking about it. If anyone can answer me that, please, PLEASE do so soon.

Onto some better news. I officially am no longer single. That's right, folks, I have a boyfriend. I know, I know, You maybe as shocked as I am. Trouble is, I keep forgetting I do - three years single is a long time. I figure I'll slowly get into the ways of coupledom. Thankfully, he's fully employed (a London 'bobby'!) and with me trying to write 2,000 words a day, I don't have to feel like I'm ignoring him. And he's not clingy so I also don't have to feel like a bitch that we don't talk, text, or see each other everyday.

Well, I'm officially going to get started on this project. Cheers!

No comments: