Tuesday 15 September 2009

Restless

The sky in London today looks like it's late November, not mid-September. It's very Dickensian; dark grey clouds, fog, rain, wind. Very depressing indeed.

It makes me think how quickly the 'summer' came and went. Actually, it seems like ages ago that I was planning the summer ahead with a number of trips home to the states and weekends of wine drinking and picnicking in the park. Now suddenly the staunch realisation that those lovely bright summer nights are long gone until 2010.

Soon it will be cold and dark by 5pm. 4pm. 3.30. Sigh... I have to get ahold of myself before I fall into a deep depression!!

But with this I've been trying to plan little trips that Mark and I can take to keep our spirits bright (of course, not by natural light I'm sure). I don't think it helps that I'm still unsure of my career's future past 30th September. So I need to plan further ahead. With visions of train trips up north, perhaps to Edinburgh? If it's going to be dark sooner, might as well take advantage of the evenings, right?! And in Scotland it will surely get dark quicker than London... so where can we enjoy a tipple and nibbles in a lovely city on a hill? That's my next investigative plan.

The objective is to stay positive with the turn of the seasons. It's all about the little things, isn't it? Like decking out the house in Halloween decorations or planning a Thanksgiving soiree. And since I won't be making it back to Boston for the holidays, I must prepare for a lovely English Christmas in Shropshire! And how will we celebrate New Years 2010? Magically, I'm sure.

The next months may be in the future now, but as sure as this rain will past it will fast approach. And I need to set my spirits high (although always prepare for a hard landing)! If nothing else, but to get through it all until the suns warmth grazes my skin again. :)

No comments: