Thursday 16 April 2009

I have a sunburn in April

I’m on lunch, where I seem to always be whenever I blog. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing. I was meant to go to the gym, but I’ve got a meeting at 2 and wouldn’t have been able to work out and shower in time to be back. I could always NOT shower, but then, that just makes me gross, doesn’t it?

Last night we had a games night at our flat. It was only myself, Mark, Krystin and Alex, but it was a great time. We played Rumikub and then Boogle, which I forgot how much I enjoy! Although we have the Master Boogle version – meaning it flashes red constantly and could possibly give me an epileptic fit. Regardless, I still enjoyed it. I even found the word ‘chav’ in one of the turns (of course, the two Englishmen in the group didn’t, but Krystin did which cancelled that would-have-been-awesome point out!).

I’ll write a more detailed blog next time with pictures, but Mark and I went to his parents’ place in Shropshire for the Easter holiday break. We got the best weather in the whole of the UK – and I managed to even get a sunburn (in April? IN ENGLAND?!). I didn’t know that was possible… But we had a really great time, in short, drank a lot of wine, relaxed outdoors, had some hikes throughout the fields and hills, harassed a LOT of baby lambs, and ate a lot of great food.

Oh and last week I got an iPhone. This can either be perceived as ‘awesome’ or ‘I'm a sell-out’ to most people. However, I’ve been dying to get it since Apple first released it in the States in June 2007 (I was actually home in July so I made sure to go to an Apple store to play with it. Love at first sight.). I’ve named it iLoveIt. I think that’s appropriate. It’s also got me out of being lost twice now – which is impressive considering I’ve had it for a week now and 4 of those days I was out of service (not the phone’s fault, Shropshire’s fault). Or maybe that's not impressive and I have a poor sense of direction?

Anyways, I have to get back to work. I’ll be sure to upload pictures from Shropshire, if you’ve not seen them on Facebook yet.

No comments: